Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November 14, 2011 {Email}

Hey good news!!! I got your small package with the pictures this week AND the box of goodies!!! Holy cow you are way too nice! Seriously it is the sweetest thing ever! Elder Lawton and I have been enjoying it so much. Eating spaghetti with real spaghetti sauce, real pancakes with real syrup and all the snacks are amazing including the REESE'S PUFFS! Thank you so much! I am also wearing the new sandals right now and they are the most comfortable thing. I think i will just wear these every day for the rest of my mission ha. Really though, thank you so much! As for the Christmas package i don't have any requests, maybe a couple new white shirts (church ones) would be nice, just a couple though. The pictures were awesome in the small package! Thank you for that! You and the family look great! It is so sweet to see my granparents again and the rest of our family. It's been a long time. I love seeing you all so happy! Kortney looked beautiful.

Ok, so on Friday night the AP's took us over to the mission home so we could see the transfer board and plan out how we are going to figure out the transportation for this biggest transfer ever!! There are 31 new missionaries coming and 8 of the zone leaders and 1 of the AP's are going home or being changed! It's crazy! We went there and saw the transfer board for the first time since my first day in the mission field! Ha it was so cool! Anyways the first thing we saw was Elder Lawton is going to Obuasi to train. Obuasi has a branch but hasn't had missionaries for a few years so he is starting it up again. He's excited about it and will enjoy there. He is training Elder Smoot from Utah. I am receiving Elder Gibson!!!! He is coming from Abuakwa and he was the one who went there when i got transferred to Asuoyeboa. I'm way excited to be with him. It's cool that i already know him before he becomes my companion. Elder Gibson is from Cedar City, UT! So now i'll have a companion that is close to home. He came in April 2010, just 3 transfers ahead of me. He will most likely finish here in Cape Coast. I'm excited to work with him since i already know he is a hard worker. Other news is Elder Baraza is going to Sekondi and his son (my grandson) Elder Orobotar is coming to be in my apartment! It'll be sweet. Elder Wheeler and his son split just like me and Elder Wright did so they are both training in Asuoyeboa.

Our area is going great too. We now have two baptismal dates for December 3rd. Jennifer and our Ward Mission Leader's girlfriend, Charlotte. Ha Charlotte still has a ways to go, but Jennifer is solid. She loves the Book of Mormon even though she can't read very well.

It's been a great week! I hope you all are doing great! Love you all!

Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment