Wednesday, February 2, 2011

January 31, 2011 {Email}

Well it has been one crazy week! First Elder Harris left Abuakwa to go to Sekondi on transfer. Things have been very different without him in the apartment and i miss him a lot. But losing your father (trainer) means that you are getting somewhere on mission. It was going to happen sooner or later. He was a sweet guy and i loved serving with him and i am very grateful i was able to be his companion. My new companions name is Elder Yapo! He is from Ivory Coast and has been on mission for 21 MONTHS! This man is dying! I was very nervous to be a companion with an African because i just didn't know how it was going to be and how i would handle it. Not only that but i am living in an apartment with three africans all from different countries. I was nervous!

After a day with them i quickly realized how cool they are and i love being around them! It's definitely different because i don't have much common things to talk about with them but i have been learning a lot about their cultures, it is really fun! Elder Yapo is sweet! He is always being sarcastic with me and it is hard to pick up on because he seems so serious all the time. He also tells me he is going to make me be in charge a lot because he is dying off slowly and he wants me to do all the learning ha. It's ok with me to get out of my comfort zone a little bit. He is really cool! Emanuel is going to be baptized on Saturday! I can't wait for that baptism it will be the best one yet. He is a solid guy! We also went back to see Jennifer. I keep thinking maybe there is something that Elder Yapo can say to her that will make her realize that she needs to be baptized. We will see how that goes.

Anyways i am having a great time here and i am actually right now sipping a nice cold Dr. Pepper :) ha i'm in heaven!!! I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

Love you all! 

Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment