Monday, February 20, 2012

February 20, 2012 {Email}

Well, we have a baptism coming this week for Veronica (Enoch's sister) and Joel (a members step son) who is 16. It's going to be a great week! We also have ANOTHER man who has a baptismal date for the 17th of March (Kacey's B-day). His name is Jerlon and he had heard small about the church before when he was in Swedru so he was really quick to commit. It was cool cause Enoch was there when we taught about the BOM and he asked to be baptized. Enoch loves to go around with us and teach people. It's been a lot of fun having all of these solid recent converts.

We heard the official news on Wednesday at zone leader council that our mission will be splitting. It was kind of depressing to hear even though we all knew it was coming. It will be great for Ghana. Now we can focus more on each area and Kumasi can continue to spread North! Signs of the times ha. 

About our apartment and our area. It's not too different then Asuoyeboa. Since we are in a town we tend to stay a lot cleaner because we walk mostly on paved roads. Every thing with lizards and cockroaches, mosquitoes is about the same always wherever you go. I definitely enjoy the breeze here a lot more. Our food isn't too different either. I still am eating pancakes, rice and stew, fried rice, and of course plenty of fufu and banku. The thing about this place is they love fish way more than chicken! It's taken some adjusting but i'm loving smoked fish now. Thank goodness for that big ol' ocean by me to provide our meals. I don't really know how to explain my surroundings to ya since it's all normal to me. Sorry i tried.

Well, I don't have too much time today but i got a couple pics attached that you might like. I touched a crocodile today!!!

I hope you have a great week! Love ya!


Elder Rogers

I am very proud of my photography! ;) notice the croc in the background.
Elder Randall and me

No comments:

Post a Comment