Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January 2, 2011 {Letter}

Dear Family, 

Did that year go by fast or what? One year ago I was playing baseball in my warm sweat pants and awesome jackets. I said bye to Tyler Brooks. All that stuff seems like yesterday. 2010 was a big year for us, a lot happened. I will never forget that April 15th when we got the phone call that my mission call had arrived. That was the longest day of my life waiting for 9:00 to come. I remember being so nervous at work and everyone telling me to just go home, but I didn't want to be anywhere near that envelope until I had to be. Isn't that crazy to think before I opened it we had no idea that I would be spending the next two years in Ghana. I had no idea of what was ahead of me. It could have been anywhere, but I am so thankful it was here in Ghana. What an amazing experience it is for me to be here and to be able to share it with all of you. I have probably complained a little about it in my emails, during the phone call and letters, but I want you to know that I love it here. I hope I am doing a good job of letting you know what life is like here. Not only for me but for the amazing people that live like this every day. If it's not enough detail please let me know because I want to share this experience with you as much as I possibly can.

Tomorrow will be my 4 month mark! Time is flying. My main goal for this year is to forget myself and serve the Lord every day. It's not an easy goal but I'm going to do my best at it. That is what I'm here to do so I'm going to give it my all. I also have a goal to gain weight as usual ha :)

I hope you all can look back with me and think what a great year we had. A lot changed with me going on a mission and Kort getting engaged. It's crazy how fast we all grew up. Thank you Mom and Dad for helping us get to where we are. I love you all so much! Happy New Year! 

Love, 

Elder Zack Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment