Monday, June 20, 2011

June 20, 2011 {Email}

This week has been great! It's amazing how just going out and doing the work just makes things fall into place. That's what me and Elder Baraza have been doing. We didn't really know where to start in our new area so we just went for it knowing that things will happen. Things have been progressing very well in Kwadaso and we have been gaining that same love for these people that i always desire to have. We have one man, Alfred, that should be baptized on sunday. He is about 22 years old and loves the church. He was solid from when we first met him which was at church. We asked him why he likes the church so much and how he knew it was the true church. He said that he knows because of the way he sees the missionaries live righteous lives. They are always doing whats right and acting in behalf of God. This really took me by surprise since that is not a normal answer we get. But hey i was way happy with it. If that is what it takes for him to get the seed planted then that is sweet! We just have a lot of sweet people like this right now. I can't wait to see how much this area progresses in the next couple months. The work is sweet! Elder Baraza is doing great! He is becoming very comfortable here in Ghana and is starting to open up with the people. It has really been fun to get to know him and his background. I'm already gaining that same love that i had with my former companions.

Today we had our farewell zone conference with President and Sister Sabey. It was pretty emotional. I can't believe their time is already up. It seems like i just met them at the MTC. I, and this mission, will miss them so much. They have helped me so much to learn, not only to become a better missionary, but to become a better person and most importantly a better husband and father in the future. I am so blessed to have been able to serve with them for this small amount of time. They have changed my outlook on life and the importance of the gospel and families. They will leave on June 30th but we in Kumasi have seen them for the last time today. It was really sad. It will be strange for us to adjust to a new mission president, but that man will be called of God just as President Sabey was so we know that he has the authority. Things are definitely changing here in the Ghana Cape Coast Mission!

Elder Rogers

I saw a lion roaming the other day!
I was so scared but my Kenyan companion scared him away like it was nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment