Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November 1, 2010 {Email}

This week has been a crazy week for Elder Harris and I. We had it so set up to be another really busy week with tons of lessons with all of our investigators. We have like 20 or so investigators right now and we continue to get more. We got another referral just walking over to the internet just barely. I love this area! Anyways, during this week we have come to find out that as of right now about 19 out of these 20 are not serious at all. It drives me nuts that they don't take our message serious, they just like to be "preached" to by white men. All that matters right now is that we have one that is serious and I am so grateful for him, he is a stud. His name is Tony as you probably know from before. But everything just keeps getting better and better with him! I love discussing with him because the spirit is always so strong during the lesson. He has committed to being baptized in the next couple of weeks and I am so stoked for it.

We celebrated Halloween last night! It was as good as it gets in Ghana ha since they don't even know what it is. We all pitched in money to buy a bunch of their little candies on Saturday and some Coke. Then Sunday night some other companionships came over to play cards and eat the candy. It was awesome!!!! ha

Today was the day we receive transfer news. My very first time experiencing this and I do not like it very much. It's like waiting to hear if you made the all-star team in little league except for most of the time you don't want that phone to ring, at least i didn't today. Our phone did ring but it wasn't for me, it was for Elder Vanchiere. He has been transferred to Sunyani where he will open up a whole new area, just as he did with Abuakwa. The apartment will definitely be different without him and really quiet. Transfers are a very bitter-sweet thing. I can't imagine being in his shoes right now and having to leave all these people that he has grown to love over the last year. I am going to have to do that one day and it will suck, but you'll always meet more people.

We had a sweet fufu party with all of the kumasi missionaries today. Everyone got some with some amazing ground nut soup! MMMMMMM! So good! I'm definitely going to have to learn how to make this stuff for when I come home. I love this food here!!!!

Well, TIPA congrats man! That is awesome! I kept having a feeling like Panama, but Honduras will be sweet! That is where my Aunt Jodie went and I know she loved it! Tyler MONKS! You're going to Chile too??? That is so awesome ha who would have guessed that! Congrats big guy!

Well I love you all and hope the best for you! Thanks for everything! 

Love,

Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment